This recipe has a bunch of vegetables in this dish for extra fiber, vitamins and minerals. This casserole can be made the night before and baked in the morning. It is also good made ahead of time and reheated throughout the week.
The eggs and feta cheese provide a boost of protein. The tomatoes are rich in lycopene. The peppers are rich in vitamins A and C.
Greek Egg Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach, finely diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Combine vegetables and spread in baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and spices. Pour over the vegetables.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then top casserole with feta cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Top with green onions.
Let stand for a few minutes and then serve.