Thankfully, with this recipe for 100% vegan ice cream, you’ll never have to settle for second best ever again!
Not only does this ice cream not contain any dairy products, but it’s also gluten-free and has no added fats or sugars. In fact, it’s made out of just three wholesome ingredients, two of which are fruits which count toward your five a day! It’s thanks to these two fruits which are naturally sweet that we don’t need to add any extra sugar or sweetener.
If your fruit is already frozen (which it probably is if you’re a fan of smoothies) this ice cream comes together in less than 5 minutes. Even if you haven’t got frozen fruit on hand, it will only take a couple of hours to freeze when chopped. Then throw everything in the food processor, give it a whizz and in just a few seconds you’ll have the most deliciously fruity, sweet and creamy soft-serve ice cream.
This recipe makes two small servings of ice cream, but you can easily decrease the ingredients to make just one serving or increase the ingredients to make as many servings as you need. For a true soft-serve texture, you need to eat this ice cream as soon as you make it. But you can make a great big batch in advance and store it in the freezer in a plastic container for up to six months, just like ordinary ice cream.
If you do store this ice cream in the freezer, you’ll need to leave it to defrost for about 15 minutes at room temperature before eating it.
- 2 ripe bananas, chopped and frozen
- 8 large strawberries, chopped and frozen
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Optional: extra banana and strawberry slices for decorating
- Place the bananas, strawberries and almond milk into the bowl of a food processor and process on high speed for around 1 minute, until you’ve got a soft serve-type texture.
- Scoop the ice cream into two bowls, top with extra banana and strawberry slices, if using, and serve straight away.