This kale Caesar pasta salad is great for a summer BBQ side dish or a main dish for a picnic. It is easy to make and very tasty, you can bring this dish for a potluck and you are sure to please the crowd.
It is a little bit different from the traditional pasta salad. I love the kale in this pasta salad as it does not get soggy and tastes delicious! You can top this salad with grilled chicken or white beans for a more filling meal.
We took this meal to our local park and enjoyed a beautiful picnic together. Finally, things are starting to warm up and summer is coming! I have so many fun things planned for this summer and cannot wait to do them all!!
This fresh summer pasta salad is simple to make and tastes awesome! Kale is packed with nutrition along with tomatoes making it a healthy dish. I used whole-wheat pasta as always for fiber.
- 1 pound whole-wheat pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups light Caesar dressing
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can low-sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and put into a large bowl.
- Mix together tomatoes, kale, onion, garbanzo beans, pasta and Caesar dressing. Top with Parmesan cheese and black pepper.