How can you pack light for travel and still have plenty of stylish options to wear every day? Start with these tips and a few pieces that travel well.
Check the weather before you pack. If the weather is unpredictable, as we have seen this year, pack clothes that make the quick transition from cold to hot.
Layers. Pack layers, a tank top, a long sleeve pullover or a cardigan and, if needed, a jacket.
Style and comfort are no longer mutually exclusive, with lifestyle tops and pants that feel like you are wearing yoga clothing but look stylish enough to travel with.
Subtle colors. Choose clothes with subtle colors like black, white, cream and gray, so you can mix and match items easily and wear a different outfit every day.
Wrinkle-free. Wrinkle-free clothing used to be itchy polyester. Luckily, today the same fabrics in wrinkle-free yoga clothes also make trendy travel clothing. They have a bit of stretch in them yet they hold their shape after you have been sitting for a long time or after being folded in the suitcase all day.
Comfort. Style and comfort are no longer mutually exclusive. Many Activewear brands also make lifestyle tops and pants that feel like you are wearing yoga clothing but look stylish enough to travel with.
Light and breathable. What makes the yoga pants the most desirable item for women today is that the fabric is breathable, light and super comfortable, and it dries quickly. Activewear brands use similar fabrics and fit for lifestyle pieces that are perfect to travel with because they are light, breathable and comfortable, just like your favorite yoga pants.
Your Travel Wardrobe
1. Tees by Tina Smooth Tank. Great for the base layer. The flattering scoop neckline and long length make this tank a must-have for every season! Tank-style straps lie flat and help keep your bra concealed.
2. Hard Tail Jean Legging. It goes with anything you already have in your closet and will be the item you want to wear every day.
3. Element V Spirit Jean Pants. Contrast seam stitching and back pockets create the look of stylish denim jeans, while Supplex/Lycra fabric gives a perfect fit that won’t ride up as you move. They’re easy to dress up with high heels for dinner or a stroll around town during the day.
4. Be Up Activewear Zip It Up Capri. One of my favorites, this figure-flattering capri is sure to remain a travel classic.
5. Tees by Tina Bandage Dress. With the Knit Dress Collection, you can simply put it on and go, in streamlined silhouettes that complement any occasion. A one-piece way to impress!
6. Print leggings. Balance Fitwear Basic Long Legging – Eye of Tiger Gold are super trendy yet so comfortable
7. Be Up Activewear Gabi Tunic. I love this piece, it will make a great outfit with any black legging, it is light and easy to wear.
8. Ahnu Karma Silver Sage. Karma is the perfect shoe to pack when you want to travel light. This pretty little lightweight flat is one part Mary Jane, one part clog, one part sneaker, and 100 percent versatile; it looks appropriate with anything from sweats to sundresses.
9. Prana Abby Jacket. This jacket is water-resistant, super stylish and lightweight yet warm. Great in case of cold or rain.
Do you have a travel outfit that keeps you looking good on-the-go? Have you picked up a few tips on packing lightly? Share them in Comments so we can all learn from each other.