Keep this dessert in your recipe book for next Valentine’s day. Valentine’s Day is not only a time to celebrate with your significant other but is also a great time to show others who are close to you that you love them. I made this frozen yogurt bark with my daughter in mind. As she grows older, I want to do fun things for the holidays, no matter how big or small. I dreamed up this frozen yogurt bark back around the time of Christmas when people were making peppermint bark. I thought, what a great idea to make a healthy dessert that looks neat and is different than other desserts I’ve had in the past.
What is awesome about this dessert is that it is super easy to make and actually is quite healthy too. The only indulgent part is the chocolate shavings on top and there is not too much of that. I used vanilla yogurt but feel free to use any kind of yogurt you like. I topped my “bark” with chocolate, coconut and chopped strawberries. It took me 5 minutes or less to make and turned out better than I ever could have imagined!
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 scoop Purely Inspired vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings
- Line a medium baking dish or sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix yogurt and protein powder together well. Spread yogurt about 1/2 inch thick on aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with strawberries, coconut and chocolate. Freeze until frozen solid or about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and break “bark” up with your hands or a knife.
Store in freezer tightly wrapped. Enjoy!